Phranang Railay Sustainable Eco-tourism Development Project
The area of Phranang - Railay is located in Had Nopparatanathara Moo Koh Phi Phi National Park, Krabi which has its unique peninsular extended from the mainland of Ao Nang surrounded by vertical limestone range. These factors made Phranang – Railay famous with its beautiful landscape and fertilized resources.
Becoming the world’s favorite location for beach relaxing and rock climbing brings problems of environmental management to this area such as waste water management, rubbish disposal and noise pollution from businesses etc.
EnLive foundation realizes that those problems should be solved suitably and sustainably. And with the corporation with Railay Tourism Operator Group, there are activities to encourage sustainable development as followings;
- Pilot project of waste water management system
- Railay waste management project
- Floating buoy installation to indicate the boat parking zone at Phranang Beach, Nam Mao Beach and Railay Beach
- Railay foot path repairment and light installation for tourists’ safety
- Provide clean toilet for tourists at Phranang Cave